Analyst – Los Angeles Area
Gnarus Advisors LLC, a litigation and advisory expert services firm, is seeking an entry-level Analyst with skills in data analytics and modeling to support its recognized experts in providing clients with multidimensional support that includes data analysis, computational accuracy, statistics, and expert report production. Gnarus’ focal expertise includes Economic Analysis, Environment & Natural Resources, Insurance Coverage & Claims, and Product Liability & Mass Tort.
This is a hybrid position located in the Los Angeles area. The successful candidate will work primarily remote with the requirement to work in our Los Angeles office (Century City) as requested for training and to meet client deliverable deadlines.
About the Opportunity
The successful candidate will process data, update existing models, build new models and provide data analytics at the direction of the project manager or expert to support client deliverables. This requires an understanding of relationships among multiple internal and external data sources. The primary responsibilities will include:
– Update and extend statistical and economic analyses, data collection, and spreadsheet creation and management
– Assist with the preparation of reports, written analyses, presentations, and other client deliverables
– Demonstrate proficiency and initiative in the efficient use of relevant software tools, analytical methods, and computer models to develop solutions
– Work on engagements across all the firm’s practice areas
– Assist with preparation of expert reports including typing, editing, and proofreading
– Participate in a team environment to meet client deadlines and quality expectations
– Demonstrate proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software
– Demonstrate strong conceptual, quantitative, and qualitative analytical skills
– Able to work independently and as part of a team
– Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, or Business with an excellent academic performance record
– Strong quantitative and qualitative skills and problem-solving abilities
– Strong interpersonal, communication (written and spoken), and organizational skills
– Proficient knowledge of Excel and other MS Office applications
– Knowledge of and experience with financial modeling and statistical and database programs
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must be able to submit verification of the legal right to work in the United States without company sponsorship.